नीलाम्बर-पीताम्बर विश्वविद्यालय, मेदिनीनगर, पलामू, झारखण्ड
Nilamber-Pitamber University, Medininagar, Palamu, Jharkhand

Admission Regulation - PG


  1. The candidate seeking admission in PG course must have obtained at least 45% marks in the subject concerned at the Graduation/ equivalent examinations.

  2. 85% seats in all postgraduate courses shall be filled up from, against the student belonging in the territorial jurisdiction of N. P. University, Medininagar.

  3. Selection for the remaining 15% seats be made open to all i.e. N. P. University as well as other University students on the basis of merit. These seats shall also be filled up by the students belonging to all categories. For admission in any programme of P.G. under N. P. University Constituent College/ Affiliated College, the Admission – In- Charge/ Principal/ HOD must see that 40% of the seats are filled up by open merit (i.e. irrespective of sex/ caste etc. or even students belonging to SC/ST/OBC/EWS, may complete under this category because of their merit, and the rest 60% of the seats are to be filled up exclusively by the students belonging to the following reservation category.

    Thus, the name of students seeking admission should first be arranged in order of merit. The 40% name of the sanctioned number of seats be filled up by the students irrespective of caste/ community. Following reservation policy be adopted for the remaining 60% seats.
    b. Schedule Tribe (ST) - 26%
    c. Scheduled Caste (SC) - 10%
    d. Other Backward Caste (OBC)- 14% (BC-I – 8%; BC-II – 6%)
    e. Economically Weaker Section (EWS)- 10%

  4. The criteria for admission under the heads shall be the minimum pass marks at the last qualifying examination. A separate panel for SC/ST/OBC & EWS students, based on merit shall be prepared. In case some seats remain unfilled by any of these above four categories (ST/SC/ OBC/EWS) of students the vacant seats shall be filled up in the following manner

    a. Against the vacant seats of SC, the ST candidates be upgraded and admitted.
    b. Against the vacant seats of ST, the SC candidates if available, be upgraded and admitted.
    c. If no candidates of SC and ST are available for admission, the vacant seats be filled up by the students belonging to OBC in addition to their quota.
    d. If no candidates of SC, ST, OBC are available for admission, the vacant seats be filled up by the students belonging to EWS in addition to their quota.
    e. If the specific reservation quota for SC/ST/OBC/EWS remains unfilled, the admission of general category students be made in order of merit.

  5. A weightage of 10% marks shall be given to the employees/wards of employees of the university (Ward would mean – son/ daughter/ husband/ wife/ dependent own brother and sisters) subject to be the conditions that it should not exceed 10 per cent of the total seats.

  6. A weightage 5% in total marks obtained at the last qualifying examination shall be given to all the girl students (Except in Women Colleges) including those who belong to reservation categories. However, the benefit on account of such a weightage in marks shall be restricted to 50% of the total sanctioned seats.

  7. NCC cadets holding “C” Certificate be given weightage of 5% marks over the marks obtained at their respective examination, 3% weightage on “B” Certificate in matter of admission and 1% on "A" Certificate in matter of admission.

  8. The Scouts & Guide recipient of Rastrapati Award shall be given weightage of 5% marks on total marks obtained in the last examination.

  9. A weightage of 2% marks shall be given to trained First Class third stage of Jharkhand State institute of Scout and Guide.

  10. In additional to the above 5% of seats may be allotted for outstanding sports person/ NSS (Minimum 240 hours & Special Camp) of all categories who represented the National/ State/ University at the University College/ School level.

  11. 3% seat shall be reserved for differently abled persons (Persons with physical disability) which will be distributed as below

    a. 1% for persons with vision impairment,
    b. 1% for the persons with hearing impairment
    c. 1% persons with locomotors disability

  12. 3% seats, over and above the sanctioned strength, will be reserved for meritorious students participating in Youth Festival/ Cultural activates.

  13. The principal is authorized to admit the wife / son/ daughter of military personnel in addition to regular sanctioned number of sheet as compliance of Ministry of Defence Letter No 3547/AS(R)/94 dated 3/06/1994.

  14. The principal is authorized to admit physically handicapped students in addition to regular sanctioned number of seats.

  15. The selection of the candidates may be purely on Merit/Performance in the Centralised Entrance Test (CET) conducted by N. P. University for the purpose, if necessary, and shall be subject to the reservation policy of the State Government.

  16. The Centralised Entrance Test (CET) shall be a written examination of three hours duration of 100 marks. The syllabus and pattern of question shall be given in admission test brochure and shall be finalized by a committee of three experts selected by admission committee of the department. The syllabus shall be made up of components taken from degree syllabus.